2018-03-17 [Song of Fork and Heroes]
Mythical Agyptian Palm Groves

My Agyptian Terrain needs some vegetation. I have these plastic cake decoration palm trees for several years lying around, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to give them some purpose.

For the bases I again used the off-cuts of the floor tiles. I cut them in a way, that they fit in my standard storage box.

The edges were curved in random shapes and then beveled.

Here are the palms.

They were dirt cheap, the quality is accordingly. So I had to do quite some cutting and trimming on the trunks.

The leaves also need some trimming,


[Warfork Fantasy Battles]
Bretonnian Chevaliers Errants

The next knight is done. I painted the lance black, then grey and finally white stripes on it. The idea was to represent a wooden lance that was painted with slightly translucent white, so the woodgrain still showed.


[Spirit Island]
Towns

The models were smoothed into the bases with filler, then the white filler was painted brown and drybrushed earth.


[Spirit Island]
Explorers

The last models are painted, oil washed and glued to their bases.

The models were smoothed into the bases with filler, then the white filler was painted brown and drybrushed earth.


[Spirit Island]
Dahan

The models were smoothed into the bases with filler, then the white filler was painted brown and drybrushed earth.


[Spirit Island]
Cities

The models were smoothed into the bases with filler, then the white filler was painted brown and drybrushed earth.


[Spirit Island]
Blight

The models were smoothed into the bases with filler, then the white filler was painted brown and drybrushed earth.


[Spirit Island]
Towns

The towns were washed with oil paints.

I used a thin wash of green near to the ground to represent moss, then brown over that and a little bit higher up to represent mud splatter, and finally black everywhere where I thought I needed some more definition.

Then the models were glued to the poker chips.


[Spirit Island]
Explorers

The Conquistadores where washed with Winsor & Newton Ivory Black, the skin with Winsor & Newton Vandike Brown; then they were glued to the poker chips.

Last weekend we played a game of Spirit Island (with the ugly plastic models :-( ), and at some point we had a coastal exploration phase, und suddenly there were quite a lot of explorers on the boards. When I did a quick count, I noticed that my miniature replacements would not have been enough.

So I also started to prepare the models I initially sorted out because of the helmet, with them I will have enough to place 1 Explorer on every land.


[Spirit Island]
Dahan

The Dahan were washed with oil paints.

I used a thin wash of green near to the ground to represent moss, then brown over the whole model as the main wash, and finally black around windows and doors.

Then the models were glued to the poker chips.