[RoboRally]
Bots

I finished the 8 Bots, just in time for the first game with this box tomorrow. It was a lot of fun to paint these and a welcome change from painting 'serious' models, with their cartoonish character, big eyes, etc.


[1941]
Wehrmacht, motorisierter Aufklärungszug

I finished the last group of the foot soldiers:

Next up are the vehicles, still in the state that I left them on the shelf several years ago:


[RoboRally]
Bots

After chatting with the trainer of a course (I was sent to by my company recently) about our youth, we noticed we shared more or less the same hobby past; RPGs and miniature wargames.

What he also mentioned as one of his most played games is one I had forgotten about: RoboRally.

It was always on my mind since this talk, and of course I succumbed to my subconsciousness and brought the collection of my games one more step to completeness.

As a short side project on my painting table, this brings painting the 8 bots as a short break in painting insurgents. Perhaps it is only me, but these short and small side projects are usually anything but...

For a board game, the minis are quite sophisticated, as they come painted. A silver base coat with a black wash.

Unfortunately no one cared removing the flash lines in advance (certainly a cost factor), so for my taste this basic paint job is not enough.

I started with a base coat from Vallejo applied through my airbrush followed by two coats of colour, a complete coat with a darker colour and a coat sprayed from the top with a lighter one. Only the two metallic bots have only one coat.


[2003]
Insurgents

Next batch is done.


[Kickstarter]
Mars Attacks - The Miniatures Game

I knew I would not be able to resist as soon as I saw the first announcements... Just pledged for yet another Kickstarter...

Mars Attacks - The Miniatures Game


[1941]
Wehrmacht, motorisierter Aufklärungszug

The second group, in M40 field blouse and M40 trousers, with some camouflage helmet covers, is done.


[2003]
Insurgents

I finished two more batches of insurgets.

The first group is, at leat partially, wearing camouflage uniforms.

The second batch was painted mostly with washes.


[2003]
Insurgents

First group is done.

They all have blue trousers, but even they received different washes/decorations, all other clothing is different. I aim to get no duplicates with these to emphasize the irregular aspect of them.


[1941]
Wehrmacht, motorisierter Aufklärungszug

The first group of models is done. Eventually I will add markings for rank (Gefreiter, Obergefreiter, etc.) but first need to do more research concerning a historical correct composition of ranks.


[Deathball]
Gaming Board

I own the wood playing board for Dreadball, which still awaits painting. I want to do a run down arena, with a lot of rust. Here is my first test piece, where I gave the salt method my first try.

I sprayed the piece Vallejo Air Model Rust. Then I applied water in selected spots and sprinkled salt over it. This was left to dry.

I sprayed two coats of silver, Vallejo Air Gun Grey and then a lighter code of Vallejo Steel.

The last step was to rubb off the salt.

I am quite please with the result, the final piece needs to be more detailed, with field markings etc. painted on, but the rust effect is very good I think.