[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Mythical Agyptian Terrain

I gloss varnished the models, then applied oil washes.

After a layer of matt varnish, I added the same bushes and flock I put on the miniature's bases as well.

Done.


[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Mythical Agyptian Terrain

I basecoated the sand in ochre brown, the structures in sand.

The base was then drybrushed in ochre.

This was followed by a drybrush of white over everything.


[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Mythical Agyptian Terrain

The bases have been sanded and then sealed with watered down PVA. As my castings are not really perfect, there were some gaps here and there and a few air bubbles. To cover these, I put some filler into a jar and watered it down to a paste. This I then applied to cover the gaps, and then stippled the surface to try and blend it in to Bruce's blasted sand surface.


[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Mythical Agyptian Terrain

Flat as can be! Once more it showed that keeping 'trash' is good for Terrain building :-)

In addition to the sphinxes, I built two moniliths and some pillars. The bases of the pillars allow for placing two pieces adjacent, and then placing an additional loose block connecting them.


[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Mythical Agyptian Terrain

Over the last months I cast Hirst Arts molds on and off, then and now. Among them are also Agyptian molds which I intended to use for the games with my Agyptians. Here is the outcome of the Temple entrance mold #98.

I started with the sphinx statues by gluing pairs of blocks using Legos to align them.

The pairs where then glued into the complete sphinx statues, again using Legos for the correct alignment.

Two years ago, our lavatory was redecorated, which resulted in off-cuts from the floor tiles. Which I of course kept, you never know... (my wife was not immediately convinced back then as you might imagine). Now I remembered them, and thought they might be good basing material.

The bottom is plastic with a grid, which makes the bottom somewhat rough. I hope this will help prevent the terrain items sliding around on the table.

Here is my first test piece. I beveled the edges and kept about 1cm flat around the base of the statue.

I now applied PVA glue and grit, currently the sealing coat is drying. So far it looks good concerning the material's warping vulnerability. If it is still flat tomorrow, this will be my basing material for this project.