[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Agyptian Temple

According to the building instructions from Hirst Arts, this is the rear center wall.

Which does not look right to me. So I changed it to the same top pieces as the rest. Here is the completed enclosure with the roof not glued in place (the top of the colum is still missing).

I again used a 5mm MDF base, bevelled the edges and strengthened them with filler. Then I applied acrylic caulking and spread it out in a thin layer.

This was the base for me using a Textured Green Stuff World Roller Pin for the first time. I used water to wet it, which was too much, made the acrylic too soft and took away too much material. But as I only wanted to have the pattern show through sand here and there this was fine.

On the still not cured acrylic caulking I placed the temple as well as four pillars with torches on top.

When everything was dry, I marked the width of the entrance to place some steps leading to it.

Then the base was sanded.


[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Mythical Agyptian Scatter Terrain

I gloss varnished the models, then applied oil washes.

After a layer of matt varnish, I added the same bushes and flock I put on the miniature's bases as well.

Done.


[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Mythical Agyptian Scatter Terrain

I basecoated the sand in ochre brown, the structures in sand.

The base was then drybrushed in ochre.

This was followed by a drybrush of white over everything.

I then painted the skulls in white, the beetles in black with dark grey highlights, and the snakes and scorpions using the same colours as for the giant scorpion.


[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Mythical Agyptian Scatter Terrain

I sanded the bases and sealed them with watered down PVA.


[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Mythical Agyptian Scatter Terrain

While shopping for some supplies with Green Stuff World, I discovered their Egyptian Ruins set and added it to my purchase. I based the pieces on the same floor tiles as the other terrain, blended them in with filler, and will now add sand.