[Chain of Command]
Polish Infantry Platoon

I covered the bases of the 3rd section models (where I ran out of bases at the beginning) with filler and placed again some small rocks. To hold them in place and not loose them again, I mixed some PVA into the filler.

When that was dry, I covered all bases in PVA and sprinkled on sand.

When that coat was dry in turn, I sealed the sand in with a mix of PVA, water, black acrylic paint and washing liquid (to break the surface tension and help the mix to flow into all the nooks and crannies).

I have not decided yet how to do the bases for this project, so for the time being, these models are done. After the foto shooting, they got a coat of gloss varnish to protect them from any harm.

Next up are the senior leaders, anti-tank rifle team and light mortar team.


[Chain of Command]
Polish Infantry Platoon

Finally, the three sections if the infantry platoon are done.


[Chain of Command]
Polish Infantry Platoon

I finally made up my mind of how to handle leaders. I used square metal bases from Product for Wargamers, placed MDF hexagonal and octagonal bases from Warbases on them, and traced their outline. With my Proxxon tool and a cutting wheel, I cut away from the square base according to the marking.

  • Junior leaders will be mounted on the hexagonal bases.
  • Senior leaders will be mounted on the octagonal bases.

Leaders have Command Initiative in Chain of Command, which will drop when they get wounded. For that purpose I also ordered dice holder cells and 7mm dice. The cell will be at the back of the base of leaders, and show their current command initiative.

Junior Leader with Command Initiative 2:

The same Junior Leader after having been wounded:


[Battletech]
Thor

I painted in the red decorations, placed after no specific pattern and the metallic parts.


[Battletech]
Gladiator

I painted in the red decorations, placed after no specific pattern and the metallic parts.


[Battletech]
Thor

Over the white base coat I applied a wash (thinned brown ink and yellow ink), then drybrushed bone color and finally drybrushed white.


[Battletech]
Gladiator

Over the white base coat I applied a wash (thinned brown ink and yellow ink), then drybrushed bone color and finally drybrushed white.


[Battletech]
Gladiator

I basecoated the base and the Mech in black through my airbrush, then gave a very heavy zenithal coat of airbrushed white before gluing the Mech to the base.


[Battletech]
Thor

I basecoated the base and the Mech in black through my airbrush, then gave a very heavy zenithal coat of airbrushed white before gluing the Mech to the base.


[Battletech]
Thor

In our running Battle Tech Campaign, we managed to salvage our first Clan Mechs, I will be running a Thor from now on.

The base is from Warbases, with a magnet inserted.