[Dreadball]
Francworle Galaxy

I started to paint my first Dreadball team, the humans.

All models were basecoated with Vallejo Model Air Grey Primer and my Airbrush.

The first testmodel ended up like I imagined the team to look like, so I think I will stick to these colours.

BTW do the colours remind you of a real club...?


[Dreadball]
Francworle Galaxy

Having slept over the colour scheme one night, the white seemed to dominant.

To mitigate this I added some more blue and orange parts to the legs.

Base colour and washes on the first group:


[Dreadball]
Francworle Galaxy

I finished the first four players.


[Warmahordes]
Circle vs Protectorate

Yesterday we played two games of Warmachine/Hordes. The full AAR will be on my webpage in a couple of days, will post the link here.

Until then, please enjoy some teaser pictures:

[Update 2013-05-21]: 1st AAR online

[Update 2013-05-25]: 2nd AAR online


[Dreadball]
Francworle Galaxy

I finished the 4 Strikers, only two Guards left :)


[Dreadball]
Star Players

Just received the Dreadball Starplayers... I need to get along with painting...


[Dreadball]
Francworle Galaxy

Finished the two Guards. Next are the decals for all models with the number on their back plate.


[Dreadball]
Francworle Galaxy

I added the numerical decals using

Here is the result

I am pondering whether to add a team logo to the models, but I am not sure about it yet. My current idea is to create a template from masking tape and apply the logo using my airbrush. As I never did something like this before lets see...


[Tools]
Colour Bottle Storage System Extension

Having added to my collection of colours in the last few months (one of the reasons is my Christmas present, an airbrush), my storage system did not provide enough space any more. This afternoon I added a fourth box.

I am using the boxes paper packages are delivered in, cut down to 8cm height. Inside, I created a system of compartments, where I put the bottles upside down (to be able to see the colour).

Here are my colours (except those I am currently using in projects):


[Dreadball]
Balls

Today I gave OSL (object source lightning) my first try. I airbrushed four tones of consecutive lighter shades of metallic tones onto the balls, using a steeper angle of the airbrush the lighter the colour got.

I think it is not to bad for a first try, but anyone who is able to produce OSL effects will probably laugh...

After the airbrushing, I painted the crevices black, then a thin line of white into the middle. Finally, I used a yellow green, a blue and a purple wash to imitate glowing. Unfortunately, on the photos the washes are not very visible... Using your eyes the effect is much more visible.