[Dreadball]
Lumber Rodents

Last group done, now only the number decals are missing.


[Dreadball]
Lumber Rodents

The next four models are done. I still like the result and this new (for me) way of painting, but what is annoying is the longer drying time of the inks between coats.


[Dreadball]
Lumber Rodents

The test model is done. I used the following paints:

  • SWW008 Baby Poop for the skin, two coats

  • SWW019 Ruby for the hair, this will be alternated per model

  • SWW029 Fallout for the armour, three coats

  • SWW020 Orange, shoulder guards etc

  • SWW009 Sewer Water, leather glove

  • SWW017 Purple, tail

  • White, re-highlight top of tail segments

  • SWW026 Cotton Candy, tail

  • SWW006 Parchment, bandages, mask

  • Vallejo 73.203 Umber Shade, bandages, mask

  • SWW025 Just Red, eyes

  • SWW003 Armour Wash, metal

  • Vallejo 71.063 Silver, highlight metal areas

  • White, teeth and claws

  • SWW017 watered down, teeth and claws

  • Vallejo 72.094 Black, blacklining where some more definition is needed

The result is totally different to any miniature I painted so far, using only inks; but I like the effect. The other rodents will be painted like this model.


[Dreadball]
Lumber Rodents

The pre-shading is done. I followed up with

  • Vallejo 70.870 Medium Sea Grey

  • Vallejo 70.989 Sky Grey

  • Vallejo 70.951 White

Next up is applying the washes.

If you have any experience with this technique, please feel free to share your experience in the comments.


[Dreadball]
Lumber Rodents

Next project is my third Dreadball team - the Veer-myn.

For them I decided on a painting technique I wanted to try for a long time: pre-shading.

I will try to build up the shadows with grey tones, and then apply only inks and washes to colour the models, leaving the pre-shading showing through. Let's see how this will turn out...

I started by applying a base coat of Vallejo 71.097 Base Grey with my airbrush, followed by a wash of 1/2 water and 1/2 Vallejo 72.094 Black.

When this was dry, I started by drybrushing 72.050 Cold Grey.

This was all for now, but will be followed by 3 more drybrushing stages.