[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Agyptian Temple

According to the building instructions from Hirst Arts, this is the rear center wall.

Which does not look right to me. So I changed it to the same top pieces as the rest. Here is the completed enclosure with the roof not glued in place (the top of the colum is still missing).

I again used a 5mm MDF base, bevelled the edges and strengthened them with filler. Then I applied acrylic caulking and spread it out in a thin layer.

This was the base for me using a Textured Green Stuff World Roller Pin for the first time. I used water to wet it, which was too much, made the acrylic too soft and took away too much material. But as I only wanted to have the pattern show through sand here and there this was fine.

On the still not cured acrylic caulking I placed the temple as well as four pillars with torches on top.

When everything was dry, I marked the width of the entrance to place some steps leading to it.

Then the base was sanded.

[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Agyptian Watchtower

The third and last Agyptian building I was casting for is a watchtower, using mainly the Egyptian Tower Mold #93.

The blocks went together well, only for the top of the door I needed to modify some of the blocks. The instruction says to sand the back of the decorative blocks to the angle of the wall, but I found it more easy to attack the wall.

Ground level done. This will remain one large, big, high room, here the supplies are stored, and horses can be sheltered. I glued the blocks, so that on the outside there is a row of glyps running up the center.

This is how the first level will look like, having two windows each side.

I ran out of some blocks (the smallest for example) and have to cast some more now to continue construction.

[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Agyptian Temple

The parts are mostly done. I need to do two more castings to finish them.

I again use a 5mm MDF board for a base and bevelled the edges.

The edges were then strengthened and sealed with filler.

[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Agyptian Temple

I also have all the parts cast for a Temple and started constructing it.

I started by assembling the roof.

Next I assembled the walls.

Then came the columns.

[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Agyptian Pyramid

The next level

had to come to the same level as the inner walls - worked out well :-)

I glued some tiles to the floor, the rest was sprinkled with sand.

At some places I piled the sand, to represent small piles thrown up by the wind. The sand was loosly piled, then drenched in thinned PVA with some dish liquid added to break up the surface tension.

The next level I glued as two Ls, one of which was glued to the upper part, the other will be glued to the lower part.

So far it is still loose, as with it glued in place I would not be able to fit two of the inner walls into place.

All put together.

Next up comes painting.

[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Agyptian Pyramid

I finished the construction of the 4 inner walls. They will only be glued together/into place once painted.

Here are the cast blocks for the pyramid's outer walls.

I started by gluing the different wall segments seperately.

As a base, I use a 5mm MDF piece. I marked the outline of the pyramid,

then bevelled the edges.

Here, the 5 segments of the first level are glued into place.

Second layer added.

[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Agyptian Pyramid

Over the last months I cast a lot of Hirst Arts stuff, now I start having enough parts together to get building.

One of the projects I cast blocks for is an Agyptian Pyramid, using Sand Blasted Pyramid Mold #92 and Egyptian Pyramid Accessory Mold #96.

I started with the construction of the inner chamber.

[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Mythical Agyptian Palm Groves

I added the same two tones of flock to the bases as for the miniatures and the terrain done previously.

I then started to spray paint the leaves in dark green. On the left is the original olive, the right one is the colour I sprayed.

On the top side I then sprayed a mid green.

I then mounted the leaves three to a trunk.

[Song of Fork and Heroes]
Mythical Agyptian Palm Groves

All the trunks and palm leaves are cleaned.


I used air drying clay to build up some small mounds into which I pressed the palm trunks.


The oasis was filled with a thin layer of leveling compound to hide the texture of the floor tiles. I then glued on some smaller rocks, before covering the whole base in PVA + my base colour and sprinkled on fine sand.

2018-03-17 [Song of Fork and Heroes]
Mythical Agyptian Palm Groves

My Agyptian Terrain needs some vegetation. I have these plastic cake decoration palm trees for several years lying around, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to give them some purpose.

For the bases I again used the off-cuts of the floor tiles. I cut them in a way, that they fit in my standard storage box.

The edges were curved in random shapes and then beveled.

Here are the palms.

They were dirt cheap, the quality is accordingly. So I had to do quite some cutting and trimming on the trunks.

The leaves also need some trimming,