[Song of Drums and Shakos]
Black Brunswickers

I finished removing the flash and gluing the miniatures to their base. The riders I kept separate for easier painting, and mounted them on cocktail sticks. Into the horses I drilled holes accordingly, so that after painting I can use the cut down cocktail sticks as pins to hold the riders safely in place.

Then I mixed filler with PVA and blended the cast bases of the miniatures with the steel bases. I used decoration sand, small pebbles and larger ones (all from the dollar store) and pressed them into the filler/PVA mix.

I placed a stone with a larger area at the back of each base; on these I plan to paint a number for easy identification during game play.