[Warfork Fantasy Battles]
Bretonnian Chevaliers Errants

The models are done!

I added pennants to the lances. The first try was to use my usual flag procedure, by doubling the flag, wrapping it around the pole and gluing the two halves together - but this time this failed miserably. With the tips, my cutting was not precise enough, and they did not fit at all.

With the second try, I painted both sides of the paper, and just left long strips at the end, which I then wrapped around the poles.

After a coat of gloss varnish, I added some black oil wash mainly to the pennants and the flag, and deepened some shadows here and there elsewhere. After adding static grass, a final coat of matt varnish sealed it all in.


[Warfork Fantasy Battles]
Bretonnian Chevaliers Errants

The last model, a hero, is done. I wanted him to stand out from the rest of the unit, which I think I archived, he is in more pastelly types of colours, and painted in not the strong ones used for most of his companions.

Now I only need to finish the bases of the unit.


[Warfork Fantasy Battles]
Bretonnian Chevaliers Errants

The command group of champion and banner bearer is done.

When the models have been gloss varnished I need to add some washes to the flag, which looks a bit flat so far.

.

Only one more hero to go.


[Warfork Fantasy Battles]
Bretonnian Chevaliers Errants

Another two knights are done.


[Warfork Fantasy Battles]
Bretonnian Chevaliers Errants

The next two knights are done. I do like the colour scheme of the orange knight, but in comparison to the other ones he looks quite dark and drab...


[Terrain]
Modular Fence System

Just in time for the year end - done :-)

I covered all the green area thickly in grass. To stop the constant rain of blades of grass, I flooded the grass areas with wall paint primer. This hardens them and acts kind of like a glue that soaks into the greenery.

As a final step, I added some creepers to a couple of sections.

And here they are done, in their storage box, and a couple set up as an example.


[Terrain]
Modular Fence System

As the year draws to a close, I am a bit shocked concerning the number of open projects I have (like every year), and especially this one as it is 1.5 years old... time to finish it.

I painted the rest of the sections, the edge sections were the last to be done.

I then started to apply the grass. It will not be one sort all over, but at least one additional one to my standard base grass. The first I applied is Ziterdes 12133 Alpine Meadow. It has some darker green sand in it as well as light brown rocks.


[Terrain]
Modular Fence System

I did the first test section. I basecoated the fence in

  • AK783 Weathered Wood

I then added some moss by drybrushing lighty from underneath and around the posts where they meet the ground with

  • 70.968 Flat Green

The wood was then brushed from above with

  • AK787 Medium Grey
  • AK785 Middle Grey
  • AK784 Light Grey

I like the result and think I will go with that as the base colour, especially the half posts where the sections connect. I will vary the colour on the sections, like freshly replaced beams etc, adding washes here and there, but I think this will be the main colour scheme.


[Terrain]
Modular Fence System

I finished painting the stones, then touched up the green.

Here a close-up.

Done :-)

Well... not yet, the main part (the fences themselves) are up next.


[Terrain]
Modular Fence System

This project is sitting on my desk for too long, I need to get this finished.

I painted the to be flocked areas green, the sandy areas brown, the fences and path areas black-brown. The colour on the fences was only applied to soak the wood with cheap DIY store paints, rather than with the expensive model paints I will use to paint them.

The sand areas where then highlighted.

I then started to paint the pebbles and larger sand corns in two greys, which will then be drybrushed in the same light grey.