[Dreadball]
Gaming Board

I did the turn and score counter, I also did some WIP pics.

The white goo applied lliberally.

The white goo wiped away, leaving it only in the recesses,

Center tile with illuminated (the white glow in between) the hexes.


[Dreadball]
Gaming Board

I started to paint the white lines - which sucks! First, I used my smallest brush with thinned down white, but kept overspilling paint outside the depressions. With even more thinned white it became easier, but the white did not cover properly.

Then I remembered when I put new tiles into our bathroom and added joint compound (I hope this is the right English term). You just poured it on, spread it out, then washed away the excess with a sponge and water (well, it was a bit more complicated, but this should suffice here).

So I tried to emulate this technique on my gaming board. I mixed white with water to a consistency of a bit thicker than milk and added a drop of washing liquid to break the surface tension of the mix. I generously applied it, then used paper tissue to wipe off the excess.

This worked quite well and quick.

I have a little mist of white here and there on the board, but this is hardly noticeable.


[2003]
Insurgents Technical

The technical is also done. Into the rust areas I stippled metall to represent fresher scratches. I painted the windows the same way as for the Humvees (after all, they will be chasing each other in the same environment). Need to get some crew members for the AA...

Speaking of the AA, I dd not glue it in place, its pin is deep enough to keep the weapon in place, if the model is turned upside down.


[SiFi]
Colonists and Vehicles

I finished the last two vehicles. They were painted like the first two (same colours for windows, tires, antennae, same chiping technique), just with blue/grey instead of orange.


[SiFi]
Colonists and Vehicles

Last post for this year. I painted the windows and highlighted the grey and blue body colours. At the moment the gloss varnish coat to protect the current status is drying.


[SiFi]
Colonists and Vehicles

As a last step, I added some srcatches. First, I painted lines in orange mixed with white.

Next, I painted over the upper part of the light orange line with chocolate brown.

I call them done.

The Rangers are up next, I started by blacklining them with secret weapon washes heavy body black.


[Warfork 40.000 - Rogue Rules]
Orks Marauders

Last five Orks for this year. 35 in total done.


[Dreadball]
Gaming Board

Some lessons learnt. When using a masking material that is itself not transparent, the edge of the masking material should fit somewhere on a visible line on the model (like a row of hexes). With my card mask, it was a bit of guessing if I placed it correctly or not... As you can see, the lines are not always placed neatly...

Apart from that small detail, the process worked well. The salt was a bit of a hindrance, as the underground was not flat, and four hands were very helpful (thanks to my wife).

Next, the salt will be removed; the Dreadball league symbols, the entry point arrows and the referree starting field checkers need to be painted. Also the lines of the hexfields and the numbers on the counters need to be painted.


[Dreadball]
Gaming Board

Okay, time to get some colours onto the board. The following were used:

First step was, to spray the metal colour.

The main areas of the board were then sprayed green grey.

The team areas, the score counter, the scoring areas and the turn counter were painted in red and blue, one colour for each team.

At this point I decided, that I wanted to break up the hexfield optic of the field. The scoring area was the first part where I applied this. From card I made a mask, and used it to show the scoring areas as a rectangular area.

The 'side add on' tiles were also given a straight edge in the field colour.

The board in its current stage.

When I looked at it, I decided that the playing area needs some lines to give it more structure and further 'de-hex' it.

As a preparation step I cut two more masks from card.

I hope to be able to use them tomorrow.


[SiFi]
Colonists and Vehicles

I finished the techs/paramedics.

The purchase of their ambulance vehicle is already planned.

I also continued to work on the construction vehicles, applying a highlight with the brush with Vallejo 70.910 Orange Red. Next the wheels and antennaes were painted black, and highlighted with 70.867 Dark Bluegrey. The headlights were painted white, the direction indicator yellow, the brake light red.

The windows were painted with a horizon, using blue with more and more white added for the upper part, brown with more and more white added for the lower part. Heavy Body Black (Secret Weapon Washes) was then used to blackline the windows, and very dilluted white to create some reflections.