[Warfork Fantasy Battles]
Nordman Mercenary Journeymen

As requested, here are some comparison pictures with older Citadel miniatures and with Mirliton.


[Warfork 40.000 - Rogue Rules]
Squat Stunty Scout

The Scout is done. I tried again to stick to the original description of Squats colourwise:

Squats prefer muted colours reminiscent of the rocks and sands of their Home Worlds: browns, greys and green are popular in varying shades and mixtures, as are black, white and deep red - it is common for seams and piping to be picked out in a contrasting colour.

- White Dwarf Compendium 1989, p. 172

The paint list is:

  • Visor

    • 70.961 Sky Blue
    • SWW013 Algae
    • 70.961 Sky Blue
    • 70.961 Sky Blue

      &

      70.951 White

  • Helm/Shoulder Guard

    • 70.890 Retractive Green
    • SWW002 Heavy Body Black
    • 70.890 Retractive Green
    • 70.890 Retractive Green

      &

      70.882 Middlestone

      &

      70.986 Deck Tan

  • Face
    • 72.041 Dwarf Skin
    • SWW009 Sewer Water
    • 72.041 Dwarf Skin
  • Armour/Bolt Gun/other Metal
    • 70.865 Oily Steel
    • SWW002 Heavy Body Black
    • 71.064 Chrome
  • Boots
    • 70.994 Dark Grey
    • SWW002 Heavy Body Black
    • 70.994 Dark Grey
  • Gloves
    • 70.986 Deck Tan
    • SWW009 Sewer Water
    • 70.986 Deck Tan
  • Trousers/Shirt
    • 70.985 Hull Red
    • SWW009 Sewer Water
  • Webbing

    • 70.882 Middlestone
    • SWW013 Algae
    • 70.882 Middlestone
    • 70.882 Middlestone

      &

      70.951 White

  • Knee/Elbow Protectors
    • 70.881 Yellow Olive
    • SWW009 Sewer Water
    • 70.881 Yellow Olive
  • Backpack
    • 70.876 Brown Sand
    • SWW009 Sewer Water
    • 70.876 Brown Sand


[Warfork 40.000 - Rogue Rules]
Squat Stunty Scout

Prime night! The scout was airbrushed with Vallejo surface primer black 28.012, now he is ready to be painted.


[Warfork 40.000 - Rogue Rules]
Squat Stunty Scout

A chance find recently on ebay, this lovely little one just had to be bought :-) A blast from the past.

He will support my Brotherhood sappers I finished recently.


[Modern]
Shotgun Joe

While looking for miniatures I could use to convert to 40,000 militia/gangers, I thought I could give the WWII american infantry from Warlord Games a try, as they could be easily converted. I ordered one model through Mega Bitzshop to check on its size. Luckily I did so, because the model is way too small compared to GW, probably 25mm vs 32mm scale.

So I decided to use the model as an addition to my modern characters. I cut away all the webbing and the obviously WWII style boots.

I then used putty to resculpt the areas into plain cloth.

The shotgun arm I left off for ease of painting.


[6mm]
A gaming board in a weekend

I painted these models quite some time ago, but so far never used them in a game.

Now a new colleague who learnt about my hobby asked for a game during lunch break, so I thought again of these small models, which would need a smaller game board.

Only problem: I neither have a board nor any terrain...

The above models I painted according to the scenario description of Ork Hill. So it will be this scenario I have time to build terrain for this weekend... You grow with your challenges...

Here you can see my interpretation of the terrain description from the scenario:

So I need two hills, four buildings and the board. The woods will be brown felt areas with aquarium plants I already have (probably too large, but ready) and for the river/marsh I will use blue felt. So I hope the building and painting can be accomplished this weekend.

First, the board. It is 50751.2cm MDF. It got coated with PVA and sprinkled with bird cage sand. I then painted it in orange brown.

The buildings I designed on the computer, printed them and glued the prints to corrugated card board. I the cut the windows before cutting the walls. For gluing, I used Lego blocks to get nice 90° corners. There is a floor, inner walls that close the windows from the inside and serve as pillars for the roof and finally the roof. As I don't like 'unlogical' terrain, I needed an access to the roof. So I cut squares from card board, cut away the edges and glued them onto the roof as hatches. When dry, I covered the buildings in ready made wall spackle.