[Spirit Island]
Dahan

The models were smoothed into the bases with filler, then the white filler was painted brown and drybrushed earth.


[Spirit Island]
Cities

The models were smoothed into the bases with filler, then the white filler was painted brown and drybrushed earth.


[Spirit Island]
Blight

The models were smoothed into the bases with filler, then the white filler was painted brown and drybrushed earth.


[Spirit Island]
Towns

The towns were washed with oil paints.

I used a thin wash of green near to the ground to represent moss, then brown over that and a little bit higher up to represent mud splatter, and finally black everywhere where I thought I needed some more definition.

Then the models were glued to the poker chips.


[Spirit Island]
Explorers

The Conquistadores where washed with Winsor & Newton Ivory Black, the skin with Winsor & Newton Vandike Brown; then they were glued to the poker chips.

Last weekend we played a game of Spirit Island (with the ugly plastic models :-( ), and at some point we had a coastal exploration phase, und suddenly there were quite a lot of explorers on the boards. When I did a quick count, I noticed that my miniature replacements would not have been enough.

So I also started to prepare the models I initially sorted out because of the helmet, with them I will have enough to place 1 Explorer on every land.


[Spirit Island]
Dahan

The Dahan were washed with oil paints.

I used a thin wash of green near to the ground to represent moss, then brown over the whole model as the main wash, and finally black around windows and doors.

Then the models were glued to the poker chips.


[Spirit Island]
Cities

The cities were washed with oil paints.

I used a thin wash of green near to the ground to represent moss, then brown over that and a little bit higher up to represent mud splatter, and finally black everywhere where I thought I needed some more definition.

Then the models were glued to the poker chips.


[Spirit Island]
Blight

The blight marker of the game will not be replaced. I cut of the lower rim on the base to lower their total height. Then I basecoated them with Vallejo grey primer.

The whole marker was then painted 70.952 Lemon Yellow, followed by several washes:

  • Secret Weapon Washes #29 Fallout
  • Vallejo 76.512 Dark Green
  • Vallejo 76.514 Dark Brown

The end result was not what I intended, so I gloss varnished them and applied an additional wash with Winsor & Newton Sap Green.

After matt varnishing them I glued them to the poker chips.


[Spirit Island]
Cities

The cities are completely painted.


[Warfork Fantasy Battles]
Bretonnian Chevaliers Errants

The next knight is done. The paint scheme was again inspired by (aka shamelessly stolen from) this blog.

Compared with the historical knights, I was at first happy that with the fantasy ones the barding was much more dynamic, flowing around the horse. This would certainly be nice for uniform barding. Not so for regularly painted patterns... the diamonds you see in the photos are the 3rd try, and still, if I follow various lines and creases on the barding, they don't turn out right - but at least now, when looking at the model from a distance, they don't look totally off.

I was also not able to match them in any convincing way at the top, that is why the red stripe runs along the top. I am convinced that the sculptor did something wrong; either that or my brain cannot fold (pun intended) around the crinkles...