[15mm]
Corporate Marines

Today I primed the cabin insides in 73.601 Grey Surface Primer through my airbrush. When the inside is painted, I will seal the openings with tape and glue the cabins to the hulls - the outside will then be painted with the rest of the VTOLs.


[15mm]
Corporate Marines

Thanks to Tobias I have my prototpye. It fits well onto he model :-)

With the basic form confirmed, I added some more details. On the front wall I added a bench with 5 seats. This will be quite cramped, but this is a military vehicle after all and no luxury plane.

On the rear side I added a seat for the gunner, and two racks with spare ammo drums for the machine gun.

This is the final version now that I will use with the landers.


[SiFi]
More Vehicles

Having catched another flue/virus/whatever which showed itself on Saturday, I am on sick leave this week. Between sleeping all day, I managed to put in some painting time within the few moments I have a clear head in between.

The ConServ vehicles are done, the 3d printed tires glued on. And it took me only since January...

On to the next models :-)


[SiFi]
More Vehicles

I painted the bus' windows, tires, lights and antennas.Out of a whim I painted some of the panels on the top as windows to have more light in the interior. After all, this bus only transports workers to the construction site, but is not involved in the construction work itself, therefore the roof does not need to be protected.

I also painted the 3d printed tires, ready for mounting them on the vehicles.


[SiFi]
More Vehicles

Thank you Michael :-)


[SiFi]
More Vehicles

This Friday I visited Michael, a friend owning a 3d printer. After all, my vehicles are still without wheels. I brought along the wheels I designed in SketchUp, Michael converted the .stl to the format needed by the printer, and off it went.

The result was this:

Yeah... well - not as it should look like. As it turned out, SketchUp is missing the feature of boolean operations (at least in the free version), which lead to the wheel rim not being recognized correctly and thus not printed.

Michael then introduced me to OpenSCAD which does include boolean operations, and quickly tried to reproduce my design. The result looked much better :-) The small wheel was also reproduced using OpenSCAD, and I went home with two feels to fit to my vehicles.

The big wheel looks good, but was designed with a 24mm diameter while I need only 21mm. So I have to redesign it.

The small wheel fit perfectly as designed.

Yesterday, I spent the day getting used to OpenSCAD, much to the dismay of my wife - you know, one could have done so much relevant stuff... ;-)

Here the results, which are a bit more detailed like what Michael quickly did in 5 minutes, like the rounded interior side of the profile:

Now I need to ask Michael for 8 prints :-)


[SiFi]
More Vehicles

I did not manage to do much painting lately, being in some kind of lethargy concering painting. This was also not helped by the fact, that I suffer from fever and influenza or something, having me knocked out more or less since last Saturday. To get back on this subject, I designed the needed wheels for the ConServ vehicles, trying to simualte the style of Jon's wheels. Here are the results, probably still with some fever induced features...

Now I need to schedule a meeting with Michael, a friend who owns a 3d printer.

The models I did with SketchUp.